Terms and Conditions
By submitting your essay, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. SystemSpecs may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition.
If you decide to opt out of the competition, or if you decide to withdraw your consent for us to process your information and/or use any content provided by you , please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before May 26th, 2020.
Essays will be judged based on the following:
- No plagiarism
- Original ideas
- Indigenous solutions that are applicable in Nigeria
- Well-referenced sources
Until we receive an email from you withdrawing your consent for us to use the information and/content you have provided, you shall be bound by the General Terms and Conditions of this competition.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS COMPETITION
If you proceed to submit your essay to the email address above, you automatically grant SystemSpecs and its associated companies the right to use and process any information and/or content provided by you in this competition for all purposes relating to your participation in this competition. Your information shall be processed in accordance with applicable laws on Data protection including Nigeria Data Protection Regulation (NDPR) 2019.
If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain a written consent from your parent or guardian to participate and to claim your prize. You may be required to provide proof of age and/parental consent.
Other terms & conditions:
- The essay submitted by you must be your original work and must not infringe the rights of any other party. SystemSpecs shall not be responsible if you ignore these terms, and you agree to indemnify SystemSpecs against any claim by any third party from any breach of these terms and conditions.
- You retain the copyright in your essay, but you grant to SystemSpecs a perpetual non-exclusive royalty-free licence to publish, broadcast (across all media) and post the entry online and on any other platforms yet to be envisaged, together with your name and age. This licence will be deemed to include all the necessary rights and permissions to enable SystemSpecs complete the administration of this Competition.
- By submitting your essay, you agree that SystemSpecs may in its sole discretion edit, adapt, abridge or translate your essay as it may deem fit to complete the administration of this competition. Even if you do not win, we may, for example, publish your essay or excerpts from it as a runner-up in the Competition.
- You grant SystemSpecs and its agents the right to use your name, picture, likeness, voice, biographical information and statements for promotional purposes without additional compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the Internet, without recourse to you.
- Use of your information
a. You understand that SystemSpecs will use any personal information that you have provided or will provide, for the purposes of the Competition, and for any promotional and/or other purposes you may indicate your consent to. We may also share your details with our partners, agents, sponsors for the purpose of providing prizes on our behalf.
b. Your information shall be processed in accordance with the applicable law on data protection, particularly the Nigerian Data Protection Regulation (NDPR) 2019.
c. If you have any questions or concerns about the use of your personal information please contact us by email at email@example.com
a. SystemSpecs shall not be liable for any damage, loss or disappointment suffered by you taking part or not being able to take part in this Competition, or from being unable to claim your prize in this competition.
b. To the widest extent permitted by law, SystemSpecs shall not in any circumstance, be responsible or liable to compensate any competitor or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up a prize except where it is caused by SystemSpecs’ negligence.
c. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, we may alter, amend or foreclose this competition without prior notice to you. We reserve the right to change these terms at any time.